Sunday, July 14, 2013

Review: Midnight Frost


Midnight Frost
Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Gwen Frost is still adjusting after the last battle with the Reapers. She isn't allowed anywhere without her guard nearby and her heart is still broken about Logan staying away. Of course, trouble won’t stay away for long. When a Reaper tries to poison her inside the Library of Antiquities and someone else drinks it instead, Gwen and fellow Mythos Academy students and staff leave in search of the flower that may be a cure, but is also definitely a Reaper trap. Nike’s Champion must also learn some troubling truths about her family and continues to wonder who she can trust.

Midnight Frost is the fifth book in the Mythos Academy series. Readers anticipating a conclusion will be disappointed, but if this volume is any gauge of the length of this series, there are several more books to come. Estep did a smooth job refreshing reader’s memories on characters and situations, but there was not enough meat to this story. I enjoyed the book and will be recommending it to all my readers, but I will need to encourage some of my readers to wait and read it until the next book (Killer Frost) is released. Although I am sure Midnight Frost has many important components to the final story that I won’t give away in the review, I believe readers will be better served consuming this volume with the next.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment