Friday, July 2, 2021

Review: Steel Fear

Steel Fear Steel Fear by Brandon Webb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Finn is a Navy SEAL sniper who is trying to get home.  His transport is the USS Abraham Lincoln.  He can tell that something is wrong, but his concerns are raised several levels when crew members begin to disappear.  In the beginning, they are believed to be suicides, but as the numbers increase it becomes evident that a serial killer is on board.  Finn is at the top of the suspect list since he is the new guy on the ship.  He has gaps in his memories, but this mystery might just be what he needs to prove he is still worthy to be called a Navy SEAL.

 

Steel Fear is a stand-alone thriller that takes a bit of time to get rolling.  For the first third of the book, I was wondering why I chose this book to review.  Once I was able to make it to the halfway mark, though, the pages almost turned themselves.  The point of view changes often so that the reader can have more knowledge than any one character, but these changes are not distracting.  I wouldn’t say this is a must-read, but in the end, it was a good escape read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment