Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Review: The Girl who Stole the Queen's Eyes

The Girl who Stole the Queen's Eyes The Girl who Stole the Queen's Eyes by Marilize Loxton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Camilla is always being told she has beautiful eyes.  She is told that so often that she doesn’t think anyone notices anything else about her.  Things get weird after her eighteenth birthday.  There are new people in town, she sees a castle on the lake and she seems to control people who look into her eyes.  Extine is the Queen of Escana.  She is losing the power that put her on the throne, but none of her children have come of age.  If the queen doesn’t get control of her powers, her kingdom will no longer stay hidden.  What is the connection between Camilla and Extine?  Will Escana stay hidden or be revealed to the world?

 

The Girl who Stole the Queen’s Eyes is a stand-alone fantasy.  When I read the description of this book on NetGalley I thought it would be a great chance to try a new author.  The book had everything to make a great book, yet it still fell flat.  Now that I got that out there, I still want to say I am glad I read the book.  Loxton is a new author and I see a lot of potential in her next endeavor.  I look forward to her next novel, whenever it is finished. 


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment