Friday, June 25, 2021

Review: The Bone Code

The Bone Code The Bone Code by Kathy Reichs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Temperance and Birdy have finished a night with a great storm.  They are on their way to Isle of Palms when she gets a phone call about a medical waste container with the remains of two people inside.  This phone call reminds Tempe of a similar case fifteen years ago in Quebec.  She can’t shake the sense that they are too much alike and goes to Montreal to gather additional evidence.  She wants to be able to convince her boss to reopen the old case.  On the heels of Covid-19, Charleston is dealing with a deadly bacterium.  Many are panicking and testing themselves for a rare genetic mutation that may determine if they are at risk.  Are there any connections between all these cases?  What about this death mask Tempe can’t get off her mind?

 

The Bone Code is the twentieth book in the Temperance Brennan series.  Wow!  I don’t know what to say.  I enjoyed this book.  Although I am a high school librarian now, my first teaching gig was as a Biology teacher.  I enjoyed all the genetic information explored in this book.  With that being said, some readers may find it confusing and distracting.  Reichs has pulled together several stories that finish as a wonderful read.  I truly think this book could be read on its own.  The little bit of back story needed for a new reader is included, but I also recommend readers just start at the beginning and watch Tempe grow as a wonderful character. 


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment