Friday, July 16, 2021

Review: Ashfall Legacy

Ashfall Legacy Ashfall Legacy by Pittacus Lore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Syd has spent his life on the run.  His mother has a series of identities they can easily use to hide and stay safe.  It hasn’t been long since he learned the truth.  His father is an alien from the planet Denza and has been missing for years.  Everyone assumes he is dead.  When Syd beats an unbeatable game that is connected to the Internet … he is found.  Lucky for him he is found by his uncle.  Now Syd must leave Earth and complete his own mission.  What will he learn about humans and himself?  Will Syd be able to adjust to being half human and half alien in a world of aliens?

 

Ashfall Legacy is the newest Science Fiction novel by Pittacus Lore.  This book is currently listed as a stand-alone novel, but any reader who makes it to the end will see that more books should be written in this world.  This book had me quickly turning pages AND wanting to throw my device across the room.  There is a lot of world-building and I am hopeful the next installment (if there is one) will jump more quickly into the story.  This book is not related to the Lorien stories and should be judged on its characters.  Not one of my favorite reads this summer, but I will look out for a continuation to see if things improve. 


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment