Thursday, September 29, 2016

Review: The Immortal Throne

The Immortal Throne The Immortal Throne by Bree Despain
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Daphne Raines is stuck in the underworld and Haden is trapped in the mortal realm. They have both made sacrifices for each other, but neither want to stay permanently separated from the other. Daphne doesn’t want to be betrothed to Haden’s half-brother and is attempting to discover a way out. Haden has only days until a poison will destroy his mind and body. Daphne’s kiss can save him, but since they are in different realms, the obstacles are extreme. Will they be able to reconnect before the poison’s effects are permanent?

The Immortal Throne is the third book in the Into the Dark trilogy. It has been nearly 18 months since I finished The Eternity Key and I will admit that I had trouble remembering things about the characters. Yet Despain continually mentioned events and people from the first two books, and as I pushed through I began to remember the important pieces. This was an enjoyable read, but definitely not a book a reader would want to pick up without starting at the beginning.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment