Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Review: Menagerie

Menagerie Menagerie by Rachel Vincent
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Delilah has always had a fascination with the creatures in the menagerie, yet when her boyfriend acquires tickets to the traveling carnival … her life changes forever. While seeing a child attraction being mistreated, Delilah morphs into a fierce creature that no one can define, not even Delilah. With all her rights suddenly stripped away, she must face her new reality head on and also try to unravel the truth of who she is. Can she control her inner creature? Why is it manifesting now?

Menagerie is the first book in a new series with the same title. Vincent has created a new world where the reader will easily loose themselves and not want to leave. Not only was I completely pulled into the story, I felt myself rooting for the underdog and truly despising the ruthless humans portrayed. My only issue with this book is that I’m reading an advance copy which means I will have to wait that much longer for the next book in the series. It won’t matter whether or not you are a reader of grown up fairy tales or fantasy novels, this story will appeal to many.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment