Friday, August 28, 2015

Review: I Crawl Through It

I Crawl Through It I Crawl Through It by A.S. King
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Being a teenager is hard enough, but for these four teenagers … life is crazy. Their lives are full of traumatic events, they are trying to deal with grief, every turn exposes a different standardized test and their parents mine as well not be around. In a plot to escape they build an invisible helicopter and take off with a plan to find a better place. Can you really escape the reality of your life? What is real and what is just in your head?

I Crawl Through It is a circular story that must be read slowly. The teenagers are narrating the story, but the reader must decide what is actually happening and what is only in their imagination. Readers who prefer a straight forward story should avoid this novel, yet those who are up for a literary challenge will enjoy the imagery and interwoven stories. If this is your first A.S. King novel, give it a try, but many of her other novels are much more enjoyable and should be looked for even if this wasn’t up your reading alley.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment