Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Review: The Suffering

The Suffering The Suffering by Rin Chupeco
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Tark is now free from the spirit that tormented him and he has teamed up with Okiku to hunt down those who have murdered children. He knows he is skating on thin ice, but then Okiku decides to hunt down someone BEFORE they kill and Tark starts questioning if they are really on the side of justice. Okiku and Tark are forced to work through their issues when a friend disappears in a haunted Japanese forest and they set out to find out what happened.

The Suffering is the second book in The Girl from the Well series. I had not read the first book and after finishing this story I don’t think I will go looking for it. Chupeco spends most of the first half reviewing events from the first book and that was too much review. If readers make it to the second half, the story does flow much better. I’m not sure how many readers will wade through all the review, though. This is a supplemental read if you don’t have anything else available.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment