Saturday, March 25, 2017

Review: The Inexplicable Logic of My Life

The Inexplicable Logic of My Life The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sal is beginning his senior year of high school, but all is not well. One of his fellow classmates is continuously taunting him about his adoptive gay father, and Sal is responding with his fists. Although his Mexican-American family has always accepted him, he can’t help be reminded that he is adopted, especially since he is obviously white. Can Sal help his friend Samantha deal with her own family issues while coming to terms with his own? Will he discover a way to deal with conflict that does not include a fight?

The Inexplicable Logic of My Life is a stand-alone realistic fiction book that is easy to read, but unfortunately also easy to forget. I wanted to feel compassion for these teens who have suffered so much, but the story came out forced and not very plausible. The Inexplicable Logic of My Life will appeal to some readers, but is not to be added to everyone’s TBR list.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment