Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Review: The Bone Witch

The Bone Witch The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Tea comes from a family of witches, but her magic is like no one else’s. She can wield the magic of necromancy and is considered a bone witch. Because she holds a powerful magic, most people are either scared of her or other witches like her. Tea must leave her family and village to train with those older and wiser. Can Tea learn to control this magic? Will she be able to help her kingdom as war bubbles in the kingdoms around her?

The Bone Witch is the first book in a new series by the same name. Although the premise of the story holds a lot of merit, the execution was missing the magnetic pull of a good fantasy story. Tea’s plight would pull me along and then drop me unexpectedly in the next chapter. Chupeco left an ending to make readers curious about the next stage in Tea’s life, so I will try the next volume in the series and decide at that time if I will continue further.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment