Friday, August 19, 2016

Review: Leave Me

Leave Me Leave Me by Gayle Forman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Maribeth is a busy wife and mother of twins. She is extended in multiple directions and isn’t even aware that she is having a heart attack until she is post-surgery. Now all she needs is me-time to focus on recuperation, but her husband and twins don’t seem to understand that she is nowhere near 100%. Maribeth does the unexpected. She withdraws $25,000 from her savings account, packs a bag and leaves. She is now able to focus on herself, make new friends and learns that there are some secrets she was even hiding from herself.

Leave Me is a stand-alone novel that left me with mixed emotions. The first portion of the book did not pull me in. I continued on because I had agreed to review it, but I kept thinking this lady needed to get a backbone. Once she left her family, though, the story was much improved and I was glad that I continued on. This is an adult character with adult problems, but it is appropriate enough for teens who enjoyed Forman’s other books.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment