Monday, March 14, 2016

Review: Tell the Wind and Fire

Tell the Wind and Fire Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lucie has only known life in the Dark half of the city. Her father chose that life in order to be with her mother, but after Lucie’s mother disappears and her father is put in the cage as punishment, she steps forward and exposes the truth. Now she is let into the Light half of the city and she believes she has left behind the darkness, but it turns out that her boyfriend has his own dark secret. After Lucie learns about this stranger, she is pulled back into the secret side of the city and must rediscover who she can trust. Can she save herself and the boy she loves?

Tell the Wind and Fire is a stand-alone supernatural thriller that leaves a lot to be desired. I wanted to love the story since the premise was unique, yet the storyline rambled along and never really had a hook to keep me interested. The primary saving grace is that it is not part of series, so the events have been concluded and I won’t have to decide if I want to continue the series. As a retelling of A Tale of Two Cities, I would rather re-read the original.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment