Monday, October 20, 2014

Review: Catch Me When I Fall

Catch Me When I Fall (Dreamcatcher #1)Catch Me When I Fall by Vicki Leigh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Daniel has been guarding humans and fighting Nightmares for 200 years. His most recent human died peacefully in her sleep after being guarded for 80 years, and Daniel’s new charge is a 16 year old girl in a psychiatric ward. Her mother put her there for her own protection because Kayla believes her touch caught her mother’s boyfriend on fire. During Daniel’s first night on duty five Nightmares attacked. Multiple Nightmares in one night are unusual and Daniel has never heard of multiple Nightmares at the same time. He is drawn to protecting Kayla even in daytime and after an attack more brutal than usual he breaks the first Law and shows himself to her. In order to protect her from the increasingly vicious attacks, he takes her to his headquarters in Rome. Why are these Nightmares becoming more severe? Are the Protectors themselves in danger?

Catch Me When I Fall is the first book in the Dreamcatcher series. This urban fantasy will delight readers and grab their attention at the beginning. Leigh mentions many previous cases and characters so readers may discover future books that take place before this one. I do want to warn younger readers that there are some descriptive sex scenes and may not be appropriate for the younger YA crowd. I found myself thinking about the characters and where the story was going next when I wasn’t reading the book and I longed to get back to my reading time so that I could discover the ending. I good read and definitely worth my time.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment