Monday, September 23, 2013

Review: Hereafter


Hereafter
Hereafter by Kate Brian

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Rory Miller has run for her life, literally. Her family is forced into the witness protection program after a serial killer went after her. She is happy on Juniper Landing Island with her father and sister until she learns the terrible truth. They did not get away from the killer before he killed them. The island is really a way station before souls move on to the next realm. Rory is special though. She is a rare individual who assists in moving the souls on, but this also means her father and sister will not be staying with her.

Hereafter is the second book in the Shadowlands trilogy. I will admit that I did not read the first book and jumped right into the middle of the series and didn’t feel like I was missing much. The characters did reference the serial killer from the first book and mentioned how they felt about the ordeal, and this was enough of a review to let this book make sense. With that said, I still didn’t like the book. Middle books are tricky, but it still felt as if the entire book was setting up for the final book. Very little was resolved and without including spoilers Hereafter was an unsatisfactory read. I don’t think I will be looking for the first or next book.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment