Saturday, May 25, 2024

Review: Stay Dead

Stay Dead Stay Dead by April Henry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Milan has just been expelled from her third boarding school.  Her mother is already traveling in their private plane and stops by to pick her up.  As they are journeying home, a bomb detonates, and the plane goes down.  Before her mom dies, she gives her a ring of keys and tells her there is evidence of a coverup that led to her father’s death.  She needs to get away, but the only way that will happen is if everyone believes she is dead.  Who can Milan trust?

Stay Dead is a fast-paced thriller that is not like the usual Henry books with a body being found.  The mystery is truly complicated and convoluted, yet it also is captivating.  As Milan navigates out of a snow-covered landscape into the heart of a criminal conspiracy, I wondered what I would be doing if it was me … and I will have to admit I probably would have died.  Stay Dead is a great read for all thriller fans.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment