Saturday, December 3, 2022

Review: The Stranded

The Stranded The Stranded by Sarah Daniels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Forty years after an apocalyptic war, the decedents of the passengers of Arcadia are still on the ship.  Some have a plan to get off the ship and onto the mainland, but many know that they are stuck until their last breath because the residents of Arcadia are not allowed to leave.  Esther is working hard to better herself, but life is not fair and many obstacles are in her way.  Nik wants to liberate the Arcadia and is willing to do anything to break free.  When these two lives cross, the lives of everyone around them are also changed.

The Stranded is the first book in the Stranded series and it isn’t really in one genre.  I would almost say it is a sci-fi adventure, but that doesn’t do it justice either.  The entire time I was reading this book I was thinking about how I would react … how would I behave … what would I do to survive?  This is a series, so there isn’t a clean ending, but readers are not left with a cliffhanger.  I will definitely be looking for book number two next summer.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment