Saturday, December 10, 2022

Review: Queen Among the Dead

Queen Among the Dead Queen Among the Dead by Lesley Livingston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Magic has been banned in the kingdom of Eire but the Druid priests are keeping it alive in secret.  Neve is the youngest princess and Ronan is on the path to be a Druid priest.  Their roles may be against each other, but when Eire is threatened they work together in an attempt to have Neve on the throne.  What will Neve learn about magic and herself?  Will the kingdom of Eire survive?

Queen Among the Dead is a stand-alone fantasy adventure that will bring Irish legends to a new set of readers.  I love retold fairytales and legends and was looking forward to this novel, but the final result left me feeling unimpressed.  I’m not sure what was missing, but my mind kept wandering and I had to stop often and try to think about the story to help it make sense to me.  A good read, but shouldn’t be rushed to the top of a TBR list.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment