Friday, June 17, 2022

Review: Cold, Cold Bones

Cold, Cold Bones Cold, Cold Bones by Kathy Reichs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The cold has come to North Carolina, but Tempe isn’t concerned. Her daughter has returned to civilian life and she plans to use the time indoors to reconnect. During one of their nights in, Tempe receives a very odd package … a human eye with GPS coordinates etched on it. These coordinates lead to more remains and when a mummified body is found in the state park … Tempe starts to see a connection. On the surface, they don’t seem to be linked, but Tempe notices that they look like homicide cases she worked on early in her career. Are these bodies connected or is Tempe grasping at straws? Why is her daughter not available to spend time with her all of a sudden?

Cold, Cold Bones is the twenty-first book in the Temperance Brennan series. One of my favorite parts of this series is that I don’t need too many pages to remember the basics about each character. Since each book is its own mystery, I don’t need to remember specifics about the previous stories and can just relax and enjoy the one in front of me. Cold, Cold Bones was no exception. As the bodies piled up, I was thinking ahead and trying to figure out where the events would lead. I loved all the twists and turns and needed this escape from reality for a few hours.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment