Saturday, November 20, 2021

Review: Graceling

Graceling Graceling by Kristin Cashore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Katsa is a Graceling and the niece of the king.  Being a Lady should give her a life of privilege, but since her Grace is the ability to fight and kill with her bare hands, she has become the king’s enforcer; she is sent out to threaten and kill anyone the king believes is a threat.  After meeting Po, a prince who is also Graced, she discovers additional information about his missing grandfather.  She agrees to help Po learn the why behind the disappearance.  What truths will Katsa learn about her Grace as she pursues facts about Po’s family?

Graceling is a graphic novel adaptation of the book with the same name.  I loved the original series and this book brought back all the feels as I explored this adaptation.  Hinds is a wonderful illustrator and he has taken the original story and has breathed new depths into the storyline.  Since graphic novels are a quicker read and not everything is included, I feel like some things were left out, but since I read the original twelve years ago, I can’t say what it may be.  This interpretation was wonderful and I expect many new readers will go find the original novels and explore this wonderful world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment