Friday, November 5, 2021

Review: 1984: The Graphic Novel

1984: The Graphic Novel 1984: The Graphic Novel by Matyáš Namai
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Winston is a step up from a Prole.  He is a member of the ruling Party in Oceania but has no power of his own.  He is mindful that the Party watches everything he does, including things in his subconscious and while he is sleeping.  He is fully aware that thoughtcrimes are the worst crimes you can commit, but he can’t control himself, let alone his thoughts.  Winston is tempted and encouraged to rebel against the Party, but what is he willing to endure for freedom of thought?

1984: The Graphic Novel is a new adaptation to the 1949 classic.  Although the graphics are disturbing and engaging, somehow this version of the story was not any easier to get through.  I will admit I read the original over 30 years ago and remember loving it, but this version was not a quick and easy read like most graphic novel adaptations.  With that being said, it was done well and I am actually planning to re-read the original now to see if I still enjoy the full story.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment