Saturday, October 9, 2021

Review: Bad Girls Never Say Die

Bad Girls Never Say Die Bad Girls Never Say Die by Jennifer Mathieu
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Everyone considers Evie a bad girl.  Evie and her friends wear a lot of makeup and spend too much time with boys.  Even if they are bad, they take care of each other.  Evie’s world gets turned upside down when she is attacked and her rescuer is a good girl.  Is there really such a thing as a good girl and a bad girl?  What are the definitions of loyalty and friendship?

 

Bad Girls Never Say Die is a stand-alone realistic story with a historical fiction feel.  The story does take place in 1964, but I don’t believe it is historical fiction.  Mathieu has taken the storyline of The Outsiders and flipped it into the female perspective.  With that said, readers may want to read (or re-read) The Outsiders after this book just to enjoy the parallels … I know I am planning to do that next.  The storyline flows smoothly and the book ended way too soon.  I recommend this book as a thoughtful escape read whether you know anything about The Outsiders or not.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment