Friday, October 1, 2021

Review: Any Sign of Life

Any Sign of Life Any Sign of Life by Rae Carson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paige has just woken up and found herself attached to an IV.  She remembers getting sick and quickly learns that she has been unconcise for six days and that everyone is dead.  Paige was a strong athlete and uses her willpower to leave her home and find food and better shelter.  She discovers that she is not the only survivor, yet the world is not the same.  What caused this illness that had a nearly 100% death rate?  Will this small group of survivors be able to continue in this changed world?

 

Any Sign of Life is a stand-alone post-apocalyptic science fiction novel.  I have to start by writing that the first half of the book did drag.  I know that Carson had to give background and build-up to the reality she was presenting, but after reaching the crux of the story, I wished she hadn’t used so many pages.  The second half of the book kept me hooked and once I made it to the end … I was completely satisfied.  I recommend this book to hard-core post-apocalyptic fans, but if this is your first foray into this genre, please start with a different book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment