Monday, October 23, 2017

Review: The Midnight Line

The Midnight Line The Midnight Line by Lee Child
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reacher is doing nothing different. He is taking a walk during a break on his long bus ride when he notices a West Point class ring from 2005 sitting in a pawn shop window. Although this is several years after his time there, he feels the need to look into the reason a fellow officer would have to give it up (or lose it). He doesn’t get back on the bus and decides to try and discover why this ring is no longer with its owner. Can he find the woman and return her ring? What secrets will he uncover in these small Midwestern towns?

The Midnight Line is the twenty-second book in the Jack Reacher series. All of these books are good, but this book is great. It is hard to believe that Child can take a character with so much history and create a unique story that keeps the reader turning the pages. I won’t say this is my favorite Jack Reacher novel (since I’ve been reading them over many years), but I can honestly say it is in my top five. A high adventure that will keep readers engaged until the very end.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment