Sunday, October 29, 2017

Review: Manga Classics: The Stories of Edgar Allan Poe

Manga Classics: The Stories of Edgar Allan Poe Manga Classics: The Stories of Edgar Allan Poe by Stacy King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Tales of Edgar Allan Poe is a manga adaptation of many famous works of Poe. The stories included are The Tell-Tale Heart, The Cask of Amontillado, The Fall of the House of Usher, The Mask of the Red Death and The Raven. Each story is masterfully penned with the artist exploring what Poe may have wanted readers to experience in each story. I didn’t compare the dialogue word for word, but most of the stories stayed true to the original text and readers new to Poe will experience his dark works and probably go looking for the original afterward. The Tales of Edgar Allan Poe was a great read and I am glad I revisited these stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment