Saturday, April 12, 2014

Review: Yes, It's Hot in Here: Adventures in the Weird, Woolly World of Sports Mascots


Yes, It's Hot in Here: Adventures in the Weird, Woolly World of Sports Mascots
Yes, It's Hot in Here: Adventures in the Weird, Woolly World of Sports Mascots by A.J. Mass

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Modern day mascots are believed to have originated from the Renaissance jester. Their main role is entertaining an audience and keeping them focused on the “floor.” Yes, It’s Hot in Here explores what it is like to be a mascot in the sports world. Mass covers high school, college and professional sports teams and what is expected from these individuals. Although there are times where Mass comes across as a jaded ex-employee, readers will see his love for this role and explore aspects of the team mascot that only a few would have already known. This is not a book I would normally pick up, but it was nominated to be a “Rosie Book” and after looking deeper into the description I thought I would give it a try. Once I got into the stories, I couldn’t help but keep reading. This is one of those books that will need to be talked up, yet will satisfy the readers who are willing to try.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment