Monday, February 24, 2014

Review: 16 Things I Thought Were True


16 Things I Thought Were True
16 Things I Thought Were True by Janet Gurtler

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Morgan has over 4,000 followers on Twitter. She is not famous in the usual sense; she is famous because of a video of her dancing in boys underwear that went viral. Now it is the summer between her junior and senior year and she is working her summer job and not socializing with anyone. Her mom suddenly gets sick and decides it is time to tell her about the dad who walked out on them when she was a baby. Or so she thought … #thingsIthoughtweretrue becomes the hashtag to follow as Morgan strives to reach 5000 Twitter followers and discover what makes a real friend. Adam and Amy convince Morgan to go on a road trip to meet her father and they all learn more about each other than they were planning to share.

16 Things I Thought Were True is a coming of age story with many heartfelt moments intertwined with laugh out loud spurts. Readers will enjoy the banter in cyberspace as well as the person to person conversations. Gurtler’s portrayal of teenager’s me-ness is spot on. It won’t matter if the reader is a preteen, a teenager or an adult, they will recognize the attitude and mindset of the current tech generation. Although I picked up this book because of other books I have read by Gurtler, readers new to this author will be completely taken in by her style and will look for her past and future books to read.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment