Friday, December 20, 2013

Review: A Breath of Frost


A Breath of Frost
A Breath of Frost by Alyxandra Harvey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Gretchen, Emma and Penelope have grown up privileged. They discover during their debutante year that they are descended from a long line of witches and as they begin to come into their powers a dangerous conspiracy comes to life and they are stuck trying to decide who to trust. To make matters worse, debutante witches are being killed for their powers and somehow Emma is connected to the murders. Why does she keep finding the bodies? Can the girls discover why their gifts were hidden from them for so long? Will they be able to find the killer before one of them is attacked?

A Breath of Frost is the first book in the new Lovegrove Legacy series. The story takes place during a time when girls are quickly married off to the men of their father’s choosing and love either follows or it doesn’t. Harvey pulls the reader into this historical time and creates a world that is believable yet fantastical. As the reader tries to determine who can be trusted and who should be hated, they quickly learn that the lines are blurry and not easily deciphered. There are a couple of story lines that the reader must keep straight, but this does not make the experience confusing in the least. I recommend this book to those who love historical fantasies and I will be adding her other books to my “to read” shelf.




View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Why must it end, I want more!!! This is my favourite to date, I was captivated the whole time and literally had to force myself to slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The was a truly enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete