Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Review: The Infinite Moment of Us


The Infinite Moment of Us
The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Wren's school career is coming to an end. She is graduating from high school and will be leaving the country to volunteer in Guatemala for a year. Although she is scared about what lays ahead, she is more scared about telling her parents. See ... Wren has always tried to please her parents. Even if it meant she did things she didn't want to do. Then, Charlie and Wren connect on the last day of school and neither one knows what to expect.

The Infinite Moment of Us is about summer romance, going against the grain and learning about oneself through the eyes of others. Myracle takes the time to develop this tender relationship and brings the reader along on this private first love trip. I normally don't have an issue with sex in young adult books, but I feel some of the sexual descriptions were just overly descriptive. I'm sure many readers will not have an issue with this (if not actually enjoy the book more because of it), but it made me cringe whenever Wren and Charlie were having an intimate moment. Although I recommend this book, it should not be moved to the top of readers TBR pile.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment