Saturday, March 9, 2013

Review: Moonset


Moonset
Moonset by Scott Tracey

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Moonset is a derogatory word. At least it is for everyone in the witch community except the surviving children of Moonset. Justin, his twin sister Jenna and their three orphan foster siblings are kicked out of school, again. This time they are whisked to the town of Carrow Mills, New York where their parents were from. Their parent’s coven, Moonset, was a terrorist witch group that started a war the generation before. Black magic follows them to this small town, and the siblings are accused of wielding it and plotting a new witch war. Justin must work fast to uncover the real instigator and clear all of their names, if he can.

Moonset (Legacy of Moonset #1) has so much potential, but the writing style is formulistic and the story drags and jumps in fits and starts. I would find myself laughing at the banter between the teens and the adults then find myself dreading passages that just slowed to a snail’s pace. Scott Tracey has set this story line up to be a few books (hence book #1), but I feel the story would have been better served if it was written as one larger book. Although I am giving it 3 stars, I probably won’t read the sequel.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment