Sunday, March 10, 2024

Review: Royal Scandal

Royal Scandal Royal Scandal by Aimee Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Evan is finally getting used to all the media attention since the world discovered she is the illegitimate daughter of the King of England.  Almost all of the clickbait is false news, but Evan has been receiving threats of another story … one that is all too true.  As more and more information is leaked about her, she wonders if she will always be hated by the people of Britain.  Then there is an assassination attempt … and another.  Does someone really want Evan dead or is there another motive?

Royal Scandal is the second book in the Royal Blood series.  This mystery had enough clues at the beginning to nudge my memory about events in the first book without feeling that the author was trying to recap everything for readers.  I will say that I was constantly running scenarios in my head as I was working my way through the novel and was happy that it wasn’t completely predictable.  Goodreads has an untitled third book listed and I hope that Carter can continue this series past three books.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment