Thursday, August 5, 2021

Review: The Halloween Moon

The Halloween Moon The Halloween Moon by Joseph Fink
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Esther may be 13 years old, but she knows in her heart that she is not too old to trick or treat.  Her parents think otherwise and so Esther has come up with a plan to trick or treat anyway.  This year everything is weird.  No one is there to pass out candy and even the moon looks different, more like a pumpkin.  The few people Esther finds are asleep, except her best friend, her arch-nemesis from school, and the local dentist.  These four people may be all that separates their neighborhood from an infinite curse. 

 

The Halloween Moon is a stand-alone middle grades mystery that was fun to explore even though I am an adult.  Readers will learn that these characters are more than what they seem when introduced and as a bond forms during the hardship, they learn more about themselves and each other.  Fink has developed a storyline that was easy to fall into and Free’s narration made me glad I was listening to the audiobook.  I truly wanted to know how the book was going to end, so I was happy to listen to Free tell the story while I continued to work around the house.  The Halloween Moon is a great read and you don’t need to wait for the fall holiday to enjoy it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment