Saturday, January 16, 2021

Review: The Project

The Project The Project by Courtney Summers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lo has been alone ever since her parents died and her sister joined The Unity Project.  The Unity Project does a lot of good things for the communities it serves, but Lo believes some secrets need to be revealed.  She has spent six years trying to uncover these secrets.  After a man comes to Lo’s job and claims The Unity Project was responsible for his son’s death, Lo decides that now is the time to expose the group and get her sister back.  What secrets will Lo uncover?  Will she stay a skeptic or become a believer?

 

The Project is a stand-alone realistic fiction story that explores the turmoil of a family member isolating themselves after joining a cult.  The description of the book piqued my interest, but the execution of the storyline was lackluster.  There was a constant change to alternate time periods and I found my attention needing to be pulled back in constantly.  Overall it was enjoyable, but I don’t consider it as a must-read choice. 


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment