Monday, August 31, 2020

Review: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars

To Sleep in a Sea of Stars To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kira has always wanted to discover life on a new world.  She travels with survey missions to uncolonized planets to determine if they can handle human life.  During one of these missions, Kira stumbles across an alien relic.  Her excitement is over the top until the ancient dust all around her starts moving.  This discovery was just the start and as war begins in the stars, Kira must travel the galaxy to save humankind.  Does Kira have the skills and knowledge to stop this war?  How far will she have to go to find all the answers?

 

To Sleep in a Sea of Stars is an epic science fiction novel that is not for the weak reader.  The print copy is just under 900 pages and the audiobook tops 32 hours!  Even though it is very long, it is a stand-alone story.  I just looked at the book as a duology or trilogy that was released all at once.  I understand why Paolini didn’t separate the story; there really weren’t any good pausing points.  At the beginning of the story, I had trouble understanding all the “advanced” science, but once my mind wrapped around the technology, I was fully absorbed by the story.  I loved this book and recommend it to those who want to invest time in a good sci-fi tale.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment