Monday, June 29, 2020

Review: 10 Things I Hate About Pinky

10 Things I Hate About Pinky 10 Things I Hate About Pinky by Sandhya Menon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pinky loves to be the champion of the underdog and the best part is when her stuffy lawyer parents are cringing.  Samir has been homeschooled by his overprotective mother and has learned to love lists and schedules.  It is now summer and Pinky needs to get her parents off her back.  She has come up with a great idea … Samir (whose summer internship just fell through) will pretend to be her boyfriend and spend the summer with her family in Cape Cod.  They have always been sort of friends and kind of enemies, yet when the summer continues, they begin to feel something more.  Will this tremulous relationship change into something stable? 


10 Things I Hate About Pinky is the third book in the Dimple and Rishi series.  These three books are told in chronological order, but are actually companions.  Readers can enjoy them as singletons or as a series.  I have loved spending time with these varied characters and have nothing but praise to say.  The characters are dynamic and the romances all have a different feel.  I love that the romances are clean and appropriate for most readers.  Each novel has a social issue that is addressed and readers will be challenged in their own thoughts and views as these young people explore the issue at hand.  I loved this third book and hope there will be a fourth companion story in the years to come.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment