Sunday, March 29, 2020

Review: Between Burning Worlds

Between Burning Worlds Between Burning Worlds by Jessica Brody
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Marcellus thought he had escaped from under his grandfather’s clutches but was quickly sent back into the life he fled to try and topple his grandfather from the inside.  Aloutte just wants to know more about her past and that investigation exposes her to people who want to use these hidden secrets.  Chatine is serving time on a prison moon and hopes to eventually leave the reality that has become her life.  After a failed attempt to break Citizen Rousseau out of prison, Marcellus, Aloutte, and Chatine are thrown into the middle of a war they are not ready for.  Will these three be able to overthrow the powers of Laterre?  What is with the legend of a secret and dangerous weapon?


Between Burning Worlds is the second book in the System Divine series.  This sci-fi adventure may be long in pages, but the story is so engrossing readers will find that they can’t put the book down.  Even when I wasn’t able to give the book time, I found myself thinking about the characters and what was going to happen next.  My biggest concern, though, is the fact that Amazon and Goodreads don’t have a third book listed.  When I finished this wonderful story, I went online to investigate.  Brody’s website says it is a trilogy.  THANK YOU!  This is a great book and I will be waiting for the third book to get a title and release date.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment