Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Review: My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life

My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life by Rachel Cohn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Elle Zoellner is not looking forward to celebrating her sixteenth birthday in foster care, but she never expected the father she never met to ask her to come live with him in Tokyo. Elle can’t believe she is traveling first class and that she will get to live the high life with the Tokyo elite. That is until she actually meets her father, who doesn’t want to spend time with her, and her grandmother who wishes she didn’t even exist. Elle makes friends with the Ex-Brats who love to spend their parent’s money, but are these fellow students really her friends? Can she follow all of the expected customs and be accepted into the family?

My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life is a stand-alone novel that is quick to read and also quick to move past. The overall storyline is plausible but not believable. Cohn has a variety of characters for readers to explore, but most follow the typical mean girl/quiet boy conventions. I did enjoy reading about this change in life circumstance story and will recommend it to my students, but readers should look at this as a fun escape read and not high literature with a lot of talking points.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment