Friday, September 28, 2018

Review: Give the Dark My Love

Give the Dark My Love Give the Dark My Love by Beth Revis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nedra Brysstain has been given a scholarship to attend the Yugen Academy and she plans to learn as much about medicinal alchemy as she can in that year. Coming from a rural village, she doesn’t fit in with the other students, but she slowly builds a relationship with Greggori Astor. As the community begins to recognize that a deadly plague is pillaging the North, Nedra works harder with her advisor to learn even more then her level would require. Will Nedra be able to find a cure for the plague? How well will she walk the line between alchemy and necromancy?

Give the Dark My Love is the first book in a new fantasy series with the same title. Revis has created a new cast of characters that readers will want to learn more about and since the story is told in the alternating voices of Grey and Nedra, the information feels more complete and enjoyable. Although this first book has a clear ending, the story is nowhere near done and I believe most readers will be looking for the next volume when it is released. Give the Dark My Love should be added to every fantasy reader’s TBR list.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment