Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Review: Save the Date

Save the Date Save the Date by Morgan Matson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Charlie Grant is focusing on finishing high school, choosing which college she will attend and enjoying her sister’s wedding. It has been years since all of her siblings have been home at the same time and Charlie is hopeful that they will fill the house with fun and laughter. But life usually doesn’t go as planned and Charlie’s weekend is shaping up to be full of obstacles. The wedding planner cancels last minute, a dog is dropped off without any notice, their house alarm keeps going off and their neighbor wants to get back at her father for having a better garden. Let’s not even talk about the relatives! What will Charlie have to deal with to help her sister have the perfect wedding?

Save the Date is a stand-alone romantic comedy that will have readers laughing out loud throughout. As the pages progressed I kept wondering what would happen next to this young girl. If this was my wedding (or my daughter’s), I probably would have cut my losses and eloped, yet Charlie kept persevering and hides most of the turmoil from her sister for her big day. Matson has created a wonderful story that I will be excited to recommend to my students and review readers. Save the Date is a definite read if you like a good rom-com!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment