Friday, February 9, 2018

Review: Shatter

Shatter Shatter by Aprilynne Pike
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Danica thought she had the perfect plan to acquire a lot of currency and a way to escape the Palace of Versailles, but when her plan goes sideways not only is she not able to get away, she ends up married to the King. Now, Danica, has the court addicted to Glitter and must find a new way to escape this life she is trapped in. Danica is Queen, but she must learn to take the power that should be hers by right. Will she be able to contrive a new deception and leave the palace for good? Will the power she is slowly given be too tempting to give up?

Shatter is the second book in the Glitter series. Pike uses several different literary techniques to remind the reader of the events from the first book. At first, I was getting frustrated, but then I quickly remembered the tantalizing storyline and found myself fully invested in this next installment. Readers will see many correlations between this future world and ours, yet many will find this a great escape from our “modern” times. Presently Goodreads does not have a third book listed, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is in the works.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment