Sunday, July 9, 2017

Review: Now I Rise

Now I Rise Now I Rise by Kiersten White
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lada has her band of men and her friend Bogdan, but she does not have her throne. Since she wasn’t able to take over the Wallachian throne, she is traveling the countryside and inflicting her own type of force on those she encounters. Radu is Lada’s brother and he has been sent to Constantinople as a spy. He can use Lada’s confidence and she can use Radu’s subtlety, yet both are on their own and questioning the paths placed before them. These siblings must figure out what they are willing to sacrifice to complete their destinies.

Now I Rise is the second book in The Conqueror’s Saga. Events pick up quickly without many pages being given to the backstory. The battles are fierce and the emotions run deep as these opposite characters traverse their barbaric world. White has used this historic time period and infused it with characters that many young adults will be able to relate to. A good read for those who have read the first book and enjoyed it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment