Saturday, February 25, 2017

Review: Lifeblood

Lifeblood Lifeblood by Gena Showalter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ten’s Firstlife has ended and she has chosen which realm to spend her Everlife in, but there is a war taking place and Ten has a role to play. She has a rare power that the Powers That Be want to use; unfortunately, the enemy wants her stopped. She is still trying to learn about her Secondlife, while also fighting for her own survival. Will Ten be able to fight Killian and overcome her personal feelings toward him? Which is more important, Love or Winning?

Lifeblood is the second book in the Everlife series. Showalter does spend some time having the main character think about events from the first book so readers will be reminded and memories will be jogged. New events start quickly and readers will swiftly be immersed in Ten’s Secondlife. My feelings about this novel were erratic at best. I would find myself completely absorbed in the story and then a little while later wonder why I was reading it at all. Lifeblood was a good second book in a series, but I really hope the next installment re-grabs my interest.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment