Sunday, June 26, 2016

Review: The Gilded Cage

The Gilded Cage The Gilded Cage by Lucinda Gray
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Katherine Randolph had a simple life on her Virginia farm until a grandfather she never knew passed away and she discovered that her brother and she were his heirs. Katherine travels to Walthingham Hall as Lady Katherine and must learn as quickly as she can what she must do now that she is part of the English upper-class. When her brother drowns and she is forced into the role of sole heiress, she refuses to accept the notion that it was an accident. Was her brother’s death a willful act of murder? Is her life also in jeopardy?

The Gilded Cage is an historical fiction story that sounds better than it actually is. There were many parts of the story where I found my mind wandering and I was forced to back up and re-read in order to move on with the tale. The book is short and can be completed quickly, so readers who want to give it a try won’t have to decide mid book if they want to finish. Even though my mind did not want to stay focused on the events, the ending was good and I was happy I took the time to finish. This would be a good supplemental read between some larger books.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment