Sunday, April 17, 2016

Review: The Girl I Used to Be

The Girl I Used to Be The Girl I Used to Be by April Henry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It has been fourteen years since Olivia’s mother was killed by her father, or so she thought. After a human jawbone was found and identified as being her father’s, she can’t stop the curiosity fliting around in her mind about the real killer. Olivia leaves her apartment and moves into the house she inherited from her grandmother in order to be near the people who were close to her parents. Can she keep her identity secret from the true murderer? What will she learn about her family and their friends along the way?

The Girl I Used to Be is a mystery and thriller all rolled into one fast paced story. The majority of the book will have readers turning pages and making their own assumptions about the other characters, but the actual revelation of the killer’s identity came too quickly and wrapped up too neatly. Henry should have made the book just a little bit longer to give the ending more depth. A good read that will please those who have read some of her other novels.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment