Saturday, September 7, 2024

Review: Lucy Undying

Lucy Undying Lucy Undying by Kiersten White
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lucy is known as one of Dracula’s first victims.  For over 100 years, she has been trying to keep one step ahead of him and his control.  It is now 2024 and she discovers Iris, a woman with her own family secrets.  They are quickly drawn to each other, but neither knows what the other is grappling with.  Will Lucy and Iris find happiness?  Will Dracula catch up to her after all this time? 

Lucy Undying is a stand-alone supernatural story that pulls many elements of the original Dracula tale into the twenty-first century.  I have always loved the original Dracula story and the many variations throughout the years, and I was looking forward to this new addition.  Although I enjoyed the story overall, many places had me rolling my eyes as the story felt contrived and predictable.  Lucy Undying was a good story, but not one that must be rushed to the top of a TBR list.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment