Thursday, December 7, 2023

Review: I Am A Barbarian: The Forsaken Road

I Am A Barbarian: The Forsaken Road I Am A Barbarian: The Forsaken Road by Alex Evans
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Delta has only known the nomadic life as she travels the continent with her family.  At fourteen, it has been decided that she will attend a sorcery academy which will require its own new journey.  She will not be alone, but the path ahead has numerous dangerous creatures.  Even with all the risks … friendships are created.  What dark secrets will Delta uncover along the way?  Will Delta survive the perilous journey?

I Am a Barbarian is a stand-alone adventure that starts strong and fizzles out quickly.  It is a short read, so readers don’t have to give it a large commitment, but that is the only saving grace.  I wanted to like the book, the description sounded great, but I found my mind wandering constantly and I had to restart chapters to figure out what was going on.  I have to tell readers they probably should pass this one up.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment