Saturday, July 22, 2023

Review: The Haunted Mansion: Storm & Shade

The Haunted Mansion: Storm & Shade The Haunted Mansion: Storm & Shade by Claudia Gray
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Audrey has moved to a new town and must attend a new school.  Lucky for Audrey, she makes friends right away; unlucky for Audrey, she discovers a haunted mansion near her house.  These three teens decide they want to figure out why Audrey has waking dreams and sees ghosts.  While all of this is going on, Audrey is trying to deal with her boyfriend being a distance away and the fears/anxieties she is constantly overwhelmed with.  What is with this haunted mansion?  Why does Audrey go into fugue states and finish with a key?

The Haunted Mansion: Storm & Shade is a stand-alone novel based on the Disney Ride.  I will be honest and say that I have not been to Disney in over 15 years, so I don’t know this ride, yet I still enjoyed this book.  The characters were fun to get to know and the storyline was easy to follow.  I’m sure there are hidden gems for those who have experienced the ride, though.  This adventure is quick, and the topics are light yet also important.  A fun read for all ages. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment