Saturday, April 1, 2023

Review: In Nightfall

In Nightfall In Nightfall by Suzanne Young
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Theo and Marco got caught throwing a party and now they have to spend the summer in Nightfall, Oregon with their dad and grandmother.  Not only is it miles away from their friends in Arizona, but they have a population of a whopping 846!  They quickly learn that their grandmother is antisocial and very superstitious, but they plan to make the most of their summer.  There is something off about the girls in this town and Theo wonders if she should be listening to her grandmother’s warnings after all.

In Nightfall is a stand-alone supernatural novel that was a fun escape without being a deep read.  I found myself laughing at the beginning when they said “welcome to Nightfall” because I was wondering if I was reading the “Welcome to Night Vale” book.  This is not gory or scary, but readers should enjoy the supernatural element throughout.  The story is wrapped up well and I don’t think there is a need for this to become a series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment