Thursday, March 16, 2023

Review: Archenemy

Archenemy Archenemy by Christina Bauer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The angel Xavier has a plan to capture Set, the Egyptian chaos god, and lock him away.  Everything is going well until a mysterious woman appears and tells him she is from his future.  If that wasn’t weird enough, Camilla tells Xavier that they must work together to defeat Set.  That goes completely against Xavier’s plan and he does everything he can to avoid her help.  Of course, it doesn’t help that he is unexpectantly attracted to her.  Is Camilla’s appearance part of Set’s chaos magic?  Will Xavier be able to save humanity and himself?

Archenemy is the first book in the Angelbound Xavier series.  This is a new spinoff series of Angelbound and takes place many years before the original books.  Bauer has made another short book that had the action and adventure almost turning the pages themselves.  I believe this book could have been even better if it was longer and some additional details were given throughout, but I also enjoyed a book I could finish in one sitting.  I’m looking forward to the next book being released.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment