Saturday, December 17, 2022

Review: Going Dark

Going Dark Going Dark by Melissa de la Cruz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Josh is at the airport ready to head home after a wonderful trip to Rome with his girlfriend.  The problem is she has disappeared.  They were having lunch before going to the airport when she suddenly got angry and left.  When he gets home he doesn’t know what to do.  He decides to do nothing … until people begin to wonder if he did something to her.  How do you prove you are innocent when there is no body?  What really happened?

Going Dark is a stand-alone mystery that had me thinking I knew where it was going and left me surprised with the truth.  This is not a jaw-dropping surprise, but it didn’t end with what I was thinking during the first half of the book.  Cruz has stepped out of her normal fantasy genre and has hit a home run with a great escape read that is also a quick read.  I recommend Going Dark to all mystery fans.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment